The Rotary Club of Magnolia meets for Breakfast every Thursday at NOON _Read more
What does the Rotary Club of Magnolia do? _Read more
"Heart_Safe" community! _Read more
The 2011 Rotary International Convention will take place in New Orleans! _Read more
Check the Calendar of Events to view our special guest speakers.
Who Are We - And What do we Do?
Rotary Club of Magnolia was formed in 2004 to serve the Magnolia Community in the tradition of Rotary International - Service Above Self.
Members of Magnolia Rotary have joined millions of Rotarians worldwide serving their community as well as participating in International Programs to promote co-operation, support and understanding among all nations. We have support programs like Sister Schools (Helping students here and in Kenya exchange goods, friendships and information) and Rotary's Polio Plus (a project to eradicate Polio worldwide).
Here in Magnolia Community we have raised the funds to purchase 13 Automatic External Defibrillators placed throughout our area. Visit www.magnoliaheartsafe.com for location of devices and information on the Magnolia Heart Safe Foundation.
Other Projects we have sponsored: (Currently or in the past)
* Public School Dictionary Project (a new dictionary for each third grade student)
* Coats and gift cards for needy families
* "Just Shred It" Document shredding with onsite commercial shredding truck
* The Art Van der Wel Memorial Beer Garden at Summerfest
* Peoples Bank Tennis Ball Roll at Summerfest
* Work parties at Rotary First Harvest (as well as annual financial support)
* Provide special need scholarships for Blaine and Lawton Schools
* "Rebuild it Together" homes repairs and rehab for needy Magnolia neighbors
* Welcome to Magnolia Sign Installation and upkeep (West Emerson and 22nd West)
* Day Break Star clean up and rehab in 2010
* Student of the Quarter (Our Lady of Fatima Middle School)
* Rotary Day at the Races (Emerald Downs)
* Magnolia Heart Safe Foundation (establish and fund annually) AEDs placed in Magnolia
Programs Rotary Club of Magnolia have supported financially:
* Moyer Foundation
* Magnolia Little League Sponsor
* Magnolia Youth Theater
* Magnolia Mission Youth
* United Indian Youth Home
* Magnolia Chorale
* Bike the Bluff
* Rotary Music 4 Life (Lawton School has used their instruments)
* World Peace Initiative, Youth Summer Camp, Benaroya Hall, Music 4 Life
* America Score Sponsor
* Little Super Heroes (Caps for
* Sister Schools (an international non-profit started here in Magnolai)
* Rotary Water Projects in Uganda
* Rotary First Harvest (the original food bank project in Seattle)
* The Marah Project
* Haiti Medical Clinic
* Anesthesia Group outreach in Central America
* Polio Plus (a rotary project that is raising $550 million to eradicate Polio in the world)
* Dreams for Orphans (Ghana orphanage project, started in Queen Anne)
* Magnolia Soccer - new sponsor for 2013
* Plus One Foundation
Join us for lunch Thursday NOON, Elliot Bay Marina at the SYA Outstation.
Membership in a Rotary Club offers a number of benefits, including:
Effecting change within the community.
Developing leadership skills.
Gaining an understanding of and having an impact on international humanitarian issues.
Developing relationships with community and business leaders.